What is a Career Development Plan?Feb 03, 2023
A career development plan is a written document that contains the steps you need to take to reach your career goals. It can help you clarify your goals, identify the steps you need to take to achieve them, and track your progress over time.
How to Create a Career Development Plan
Creating a career development plan can help you take control of your career and make sure that you're on the right track to reaching your goals. Here's how to create your personalized career development plan:
- Define your career goals
- Identify the steps you need to take to reach your goals
- Set a timeline for each goal
- Track your progress
- Adjust your plan as needed.
Education-Certification-Experience (ECE) Framework
One of the most powerful building blocks for creating a career development plan is developing an Education-Certification-Experience (ECE) Framework. This framework allows you to track and forecast SMART goals over a period of time.
The ECE Framework will help you:
- Discover a Big Picture View
- Identify Where You Came From & Where You are Going
- Assist You in Visualizing Your Success
- Guide You in Logging, Tracking, & Forecasting Your Success
- Be More Accountable
- Understand & Identify Gaps
- Encourage You to Maintain Good Habits
Get Started Today!
Still unsure of where to start? Check out a recent guest blog I wrote for my alma matter on 5 ways to seriously create a career development plan. Then schedule your 1:1 coaching session with me where I help guide you thru each step of the process.
Ready to Jump Start Your Career?
Sign up for a 1:1 Coaching Session with Dr. Pat today!